22 April 2009

Earth Day Sucks

I am driving my car to work today instead of riding my bike. Why? I don't want to be mistaken for "doing my part" in saving the Earth from the evil humans.

I don't believe in AGW (Anthropogenic Global Warming), or man-caused global warming. This is not because I have taken someone else's word for it. I've done the research and read the arguments from both sides. I even watched the entirety of Gore's movie. Did you know that it is illegal to show that movie in British schools without first pointing out 9 inaccuracies? Where I come from we call those lies.

But I digress. I want to have a healthy planet just as much as the next guy. Our climate is changing. It has always been changing and will always be changing. So we'll have our Medieval Optimums (much warmer than most dire GW predictions) and our Little Ice Ages (well, cooler, to be sure). But humans will continue to adapt and survive.

If you have several hours to kill and want to learn more go here.

No comments: